A New Textiles Economy: Redesigning Fashion’s Future
News from Dezeen Events Guide, a listings guide covering the leading design-related events taking place around the world. Daily updates on the latest design and architecture vacancies advertised on Dezeen Jobs. Sent every Tuesday Fashion News and containing a selection of the most important news highlights. To apply to any of our Master’s, Doctoral, Professional Studies Diploma, and Graduate Certificate programs, complete and submit the New School Online Application.
- “To have the chance to see my designs come to life is a dream come true,” she said.
- Some fashion advertisements have been accused of racism and led to boycotts from customers.
- Our Don’t Make Fashion History campaign successfully gave a voice to the industry in the Brexit negotiations leading to a meeting with the relevant government minister and with a global reach of over 2.2bn in the media.
- At FIDM, we prepare you to launch your career by providing a supportive, creative, and professional environment from which to learn practical skills, build a network of industry contacts, and gain real-world experience.
- Kriti Verma of Headlines India rated the film 4 out of 5, describing it as “an outstanding film and a must watch for people who visit a theatre for something more than entertainment”.
Feature In Italy, Gucci’s cruise collection is otherwordly Alessandro Michele chose a 13th century castle in Puglia, Italy, to present his cruise collection. Its a phantasmagorical wardrobe made of long embroidered velvet dresses, thigh-high boots and Harlequin ruffs. The three Grimmeisen heiresses are keeping the family tennis brand Spring Court alive in the heart of the Passage Piver in Paris. The vast space houses their offices, a boutique and also other creative companies, photo studios and a restaurant. A long-time marker of professionalism but now abandoned by men, this accessory is bringing color to women’s necks and even taking on a political dimension. At 26 years old, the French-Afghan designer presented his latest collection during Paris Fashion Week.
You will construct samples, a fashion toile and progressive creative garment from start to finish showing your understanding of the processes learned. Part of this process will involve leaning how garments relate to the human form, building material shapes and learning to fit a garment on a body, to critically evaluate your garment development aesthetically, and assess its function. You will also be introduced to a range of fabrications and also given guidance on how to handle and manage cloth. The Women’s Clothing department has several sections and shops to choose from, including swimwear, cold weather gear, sleepwear, gym clothes, work outfits, tees and tank tops, jeans, suits, dresses, and underwear and socks.
How to create a capsule wardrobe (it’s easier than you might think)
A representative from The Root commented that the ad portrays the message that Black people are undervalued and seen as props for White people to look better. Others saw little issue with the ad, and that the controversy was the result of people being oversensitive. This 1921 clipping from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, with story and drawings by Marguerite Martyn, represents the saturation newspaper coverage given to society women at a fashionable dance.
Become the next big name in fashion
Northumbria University is renowned for the calibre of its business-ready graduates. Our alumni network has over 227,000 graduates based in 176 countries worldwide in a range of sectors, our alumni are making a real impact on the world. Graphic Designers Graphic designers create visual concepts, using computer software or by hand, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate consumers. Fashion designers must be able to use computer-aided design programs and be familiar with graphics editing software.